Scootaround Inc. is the leading provider of mobility equipment solutions to the travelling public in North America. From Clarence Vincent, our very first customer in 1997, to the 45,000 people with mobility challenges we serve each year, our team is passionate about helping others.
We are searching for a professional and energetic Claim Specialist to join the Airlines Division at our office in Winnipeg. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service within a team-oriented environment. As the first point of contact, this individual will use their superior communication and problem-solving abilities to assist passengers on their travels. If you thrive on helping people, think about choosing a rewarding career where you will have the opportunity to connect with people in challenging situations.
What you will do:
- Prioritize customer inquiries and address concerns in a sensitive and solution-oriented manner to meet and exceed expectations.
- Liaise and follow up with airlines, customers, manufacturers and vendors to resolve claims in a timely manner.
- Research appropriate vendors and technical resources and negotiate with vendors to provide customers with options and solutions to meet their needs.
- Accurately obtain and document details relating to customer claims and input data into a custom computerized system.
- Record detailed notes, prepare work orders, manage quotes, prepare invoices and follow-up on each stage of the claim process.
- Work regularly scheduled shifts that may occur in rotation during regular business hours, weekends and statutory holidays.
Skills we are looking for:
- Naturally enjoy helping people.
- High attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in logistics to effectively plan the handling and movement of customer mobility devices.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office skills, Excel and Outlook and familiarity using the Internet as a research tool.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in English is a must and any additional languages are an asset.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and handle a high-volume portfolio of claims to meet outlined targets.
- Self-confidence, empathy and compassion with a strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
What we offer:
- A competitive wage structure including: hourly rate, performance bonuses and benefits in addition to workplace training and support by experienced mentors.
- Fun corporate culture and casual professional working environment.
If this sounds like a team you would like to be part of, please send us your resume and indicate your salary expectations.